Steel buildings have been commonly used since the mid-20th century, having been continuously adapted to meet rising demands. Because they are cost effective, able to be mass produced and adapted from existing standards to suit a variety of purposes, steel building are popular in many sectors, from agricultural to commercial.
Benefits of Steel Buildings
- They are cost effective across the board. Because steel buildings eliminate the need for engineers and architects, are easily maintained and can be mass produced, they are one of the cheapest types of building available at this level.
- Steel buildings are suitable for almost any space, particularly as they comply with the requirements for most types of single story buildings. They are also largely eco-friendly, particularly when equipped with thermal accessories – of which many types are compatible – for increased energy efficiency
- They are very easy to maintain. Unlike with wooden buildings, or any type of structure incorporating organic material, there is a minimal risk of mould and mildew infestations and steel buildings are 100% recyclable so can either be easily repurposed.
- Steel buildings can be used for a variety of purposes: agricultural, storage, offices, temporary venues etc. They can be made easily secure, both from damage and outside access, as steel (unlike wood) will not warp and fastenings will remain secure over time.
- Steel buildings are easily erectable and maintainable by their users, and come with a variety of additional features which can be ordered at little extra cost from the manufacturer. These extra features include mezzanine options, green energy solutions, additional access doors and colours.
Why Choose a Steel Building?
Steel building construction tends to be favoured by those in the agricultural and engineering sectors, due to their adaptability and reliability. Steel buildings can be designed for both permanence and impermanence, meaning they can be used for storage during project completion or for long term storage of machinery or goods. They are also highly favoured because they are ecologically sound – for example steel buildings can be easily fitted with solar panels.
The only difficulty that may be faced by a prospective buyer or operator of a steel building is steel’s tendency to corrode over time. However there are many affordable solutions for preventing this problem, which will be offered to you by the manufacturer at no or little extra cost and can be easily implemented and maintained by the buyer.