Use of non shrink, flowable high performances cementitious material together with epoxy resin for repairing cracks on concrete road. This is applicable for big , though-out cracks.
Sikagrout 214-11: non-shrink , self leveling premixed cementitious grout mortars.
Sikadur 732: Epoxy bonding agent on concrete surface.
Aggregate: Normal aggregate for concrete can be used. The aggregate must be clean and sarturated (pre-wet one day in advance).
STEPS OF APPLICATION
Mechanically chip and remove the concrete along the crack into the 10-cm gap. Provide a sound, clean and stable surface.
2. Bonding with Sikadur 732:
Mixing components A&B together for at least 2 minutes using a slow speed electric drill (max. 600 rpm) until the material becomes smooth and even in colour. Within the potlife time, the product is then applied by brush onto concrete surface. Waiting time for the Sikadur 732 bonding is around 1 hour.
3. Grouting with Sikagrout 214-11:
Within the waiting time of bonding, fill the gap with (Sikagrout + aggregate) mortar :
3.1 MIXING of SIKAGROUT 214-11
• Pour required water quantity of water (3.75 litre per 25 kg bag) into a clean drum and add slowly Sikagrout 214-11 while mixing with a slow speed drill (max. 500 rpm) to minimize the amount of air entrained into the mixture.
• After 2 to 3 minutes of mixing, stir lightly with a spatula for a few seconds – to release any entrapped air.
• Slowly add aggregate (50% per weight of Sikagrout) into the mixed Sikagrout while continuous mixing until a homogeneous mortar is obtained.
• The mix of is then poured immediately into the prepared gap.
Note: For the big quantity, concrete mixer can be used.
Mixing procedure is totally as same as concrete mixing, flowing the proportion:
Sikagrout 214-11: Aggregate: Water = 100:50:15 part per weight
3.2 POURING THE MIX
• Sikagrout 214-11 mortar must be placed in one continuous operation to ensure that there is always sufficient head to pressure to keep the mortar flowing freely.
• Rodding the mortar with a steel rod or a wooden stick.
Adequate precautions must be taken with all cement-based mortars to prevent premature loss of moisture through evaporation.Exposed surfaces should be treated with a curing compound (i.e. Antisol E) or covered with plastic sheeting or damp cloth immediately after placing. This covering should be left in place for approx. three days (depending on climatic conditions)